My Favorite Color is Pink, but hers is Purple.........

Someone once said that babies will finally get to a point where they realize they are not their mommy and they are their own person. Well, I think that parents do the same thing. We finally realize that our children are not just a small version of ourselves, but rather a completely unique individual that happens to have our genes. I was playing with my daughter the other day and she loves to point out that my favorite color is pink and hers is purple. She doesn't ever change it to be like me, she's happy being herself and having her own opinion and I'm happy with that, too. I wouldn't want her to be a carbon copy of myself. I love to be surprised at the things that she says and does. When I say "stupid" by accident she's gotten to where she now just growls and says, "Jesus!" instead of the whole phrase which is, "Jesus doesn't want us to say that." It cracks me up every time. She's told us she wants a sailboat for Christmas this year and much to my surprise walked right up to Santa yesterday at the mall and let him know, too. For a while I was thinking a little toy sailboat that she might play with in the bathtub or even a little bigger than that. I finally asked her where we would keep the sailboat to see what scale of sailboat I was dealing with. I said, "Would we keep it in your room or in a storage building?" She looked at me funny and said, "I don't want it in my room, we need a storage building." Then I realized that she must take after her uncle Jason, always wanting the impossible as if it were possible. ( You never have gotten that four wheeler yet, right? ) I'm not even sure where she's seen one, but she's stuck on it. Anyway, it's fun to see her little personality develop and hear her voice all of the little thoughts that pass through her mind. She's my precious "purple" girl.

Comments

Natalie Jansen said…
Hey Kacie,

I'm so glad that you have a blog! I'm excited! Can't wait to see what you write about!

Popular posts from this blog

Things that bother me or that I simply don't like

Bring On The Broken

It’s a Life Full of Wonder