Most Embarrassing Moment

I really can't believe I'm blogging this, but every time I remember this I laugh and think, " I should blog this."


So........when I was a senior in High School I was taking some college classes at night and I started going with my friend Beth, who had already graduated, to a college Bible study group called "Gen X." Well, they planned a retreat to Pineywoods Baptist Encampment and I signed up to go with Beth. I didn't really know very many other people and a lot of them seemed a lot older than me. Anyway, one night we had a worship and prayer time that lasted all night long except I was too sleepy to stay in the conference room all night so I went on out as some other students had done. Beth, however, stayed in the worship room. Not wanting to go right to my room I stood around trying to figure out something I could do. I was hungry and thirsty and thought I would go to to the cafeteria to get something. On my way there, a group of guys in our group appeared to be coming back from cafeteria. They asked me if that was where I was going and I said yes. They had obviously just come from there with cups in hand. They proceeded to tell me that it was closed. I was a little frustrated and embarrassed now that I had nothing to do but go back to my dorm room. As I headed back to the room, one of the guys called out, "Hey, you can have some of my hot chocolate if you want." I politely refused and he again insisted and I refused again and he insisted again. Not wanting to put myself in an awkward position of drinking after a guy I hardly knew, I had to quickly think of a reason to not take him up on his offer. And yes, I regret to say the best I could come up with was, "No thanks, I might burn my tongue." Luckily I was at the door of my dorm room going in as I said it so, I didn't have to hear their response to my ridiculous reply. In my defense, I love hot chocolate and drink it often, but I always burn my tongue and have this annoying sore for days afterwards................... I know, I know......it was still a stupid thing to say.

Comments

Christina said…
LOVE that story!!!! Made me laugh just as hard as when you told me about it before. Man, I could have a whole blog of all my embarrassing moments. Let me know if blogging about it, helps - I might have to share some of mine.
Anonymous said…
I wonder what you would have gotten if the cafeteria had been open that night? Probably hot chocolate! That is so funny! Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Things that bother me or that I simply don't like

Why I think I'm ADD and shouldn't have to take a test to find out

I laugh to keep from crying (or yelling)