I laugh to keep from crying (or yelling)






Around 9:00 this morning, as I was getting ready for the first MOPS meeting of the year, I heard an interesting noise coming from the livingroom where Sidney and Lachlan were supposed to be quietly watching PBS. It sounded like something was being torn, so I called out to Sidney to inquire and she said, "Come look what Lachlan did." I always cringe when I hear those words......my mind is reeling....... are pictures being torn, important papers from my desk, pages out of books!!! Much to my surprise as I entered the livingroom I did not find any important papers destroyed, but I did find my ENTIRE livingroom floor covered with dry oatmeal. Yes, my clever little son got the HUGE tub of Quaker Oats out of the pantry and used them to create a giant snowstorm. It was all over the furniture and floor and took me about 15-20 mintues to completely clean it all up. I think there is still some I missed, but it was getting late so I had to just stop. So, anyway, here's the funny part. I actually didn't get as mad as I thought I would or should. I told Sidney she had to go to the corner for not telling Mommy what Lachlan was doing. Then, before I proceeded to clean up the mess, I realized I might want a picture of this incident. So, I go back to the kitchen and got the Quaker box, sat it down beside my kids among the mess and took some pictures. Then I sent them both to the corner while I cleaned the mess. What can I say? It's the scrapbooker in me. So, here it is. I'm sharing it with you all, just don't judge the rest of the mess in the house.

Comments

Christina said…
OH MY GOSH!!!! I haven't read the blog yet. I just had to leave my initial response as a comment.
Anonymous said…
Oh Kacie! I am so sorry. You do have your hands full. I am proud of you for not yelling. Mom
Shelly Conn said…
I fill your pain, Levi is always getting into something. Must be a boy thing, because the girls never did stuff like this.

I hate being stressed out before leaving the house.

Popular posts from this blog

Things that bother me or that I simply don't like

Why I think I'm ADD and shouldn't have to take a test to find out