When is God Good?

As I lie here awake in the hospital for hopefully the last night of this stay here I have a flood of thoughts going through my mind. I'm recapping all that has transpired in our family in the last 2 months and its all pretty overwhelming to throw them all in one pot and stir them up! First Sidney's thyroid, then my car flooded (which has been an insurance nightmare; we are still in a rental), and now Paisley's surgery. Not to mention a few other odd hiccups along the way. 

God has shown me a lot in the last few months. I wonder if He allows certain trials to happen in order to widen our scope to better see the truth in His word when new trials arise.  God has definitely protected us and been very merciful through the last several months with all that has happened and I praise Him for that. There's one reason I hesitate to say, "God is good" in response to Him blessing us through these circumstances. God IS good, BUT the truth is God is sovereign and even if my circumstances did not have a happy ending and even if He allows additional pain or suffering for some reason, He will STILL be good!! This is a reality for so many people. As I rejoice in my relief that God has shown me mercy, I must also recognize those who have suffered great loss and tragedy.  I cannot see the future in my own life. I do not know what lies ahead for me.  God's goodness cannot be directly related to our personal circumstances.  This world is not our home. We are at war and we will suffer while we are here. We must celebrate His comfort, peace, grace, mercy, protection , and provision when He chooses to give it, but always worship Him through both trial and triumph.  This is SOOO hard to do and accept, but Christ IS our only hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things that bother me or that I simply don't like

Why I think I'm ADD and shouldn't have to take a test to find out

I laugh to keep from crying (or yelling)