thirty

I'm thirty today! First I was going to make a list of 30 things I wanted to do in my thirties that I didn't do in my twenties like write a book, get out of debt, visit New York City, etc...., but then all of it seemed a little shallow and empty. Then I was going to write about my fears of being 30 and the higher level of expecations of others now that I'm no longer a baby in my twenties. But that just turned out really depressing. So, I started again. Not sure what really to write about, but I thought being that it is my thirtieth birthday I should blog something. I guess I felt like I needed to blog on this day because it seems like new chapter of my life. My twenties were great! I got married, got a degree, had three amazing children, and we bought our first house. I had lots of life altering events in one decade. I doubt the thirties can top it. But I don't think that's what getting older is about. God doesn't necessarily intend for us all to do bigger and better things as we get older. We just need to accept the life we have been given and live it according to His word and will. I'm content being mom, wife, friend, daughter, sister, sister-n-law, etc..... This is where God has me now and until He shows me something else, I'm going to focus on doing this well. I think mom is going to be the most important role I will play this decade. For the next 10 years, I will raise 3 children to be (Lord willing) Godly teenagers who love the Lord and want to serve Him. When I turn 40 I will have a 13, 14, and 16 year old. Whew...I can't think of a more rewarding and harder job anyone could have. With all of that said, I don't want to discount my other roles as a wife, friend, daughter, etc..... To me it's just all part of being a good mom. I can't really call myself a good mother if I'm not being a good wife, friend, or daughter can I? So much of teaching our children is by example. They are watching me and I want to show my children what a solid Godly marriage looks like, how to be a selfless friend, and how to honor their father and mother; all roles in which I need to work on :). If God gives me other opportunities along the way, I plan to dive in with my children right along side me. They are my blessing and my most cherished treasures. God entrusted them to me and if I do nothing else in the next 10 years but be a good mother, I will have done something great!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things that bother me or that I simply don't like

Why I think I'm ADD and shouldn't have to take a test to find out

I laugh to keep from crying (or yelling)